In any customer journey, one of the most critical – yet often overlooked – elements is the ‘handoff’ between internal teams.
In fact, 70% of customers say connected processes — such as seamless handoffs — are very important to winning their business.
What is a handoff anyway?
A handoff refers to the point in a customer journey where your customer is passed from one team to another, dealing with new people in your company as a result.
Some people liken a handoff to the passing of a baton in a relay race – because it needs to be a smooth and seamless transition, or things can go drastically wrong.
Whether it’s the transition from marketing to sales or from sales to customer success, these handoffs are pivotal moments that can make or break the experience for your customers.
Why do handoffs matter?
The challenge with getting handoffs right is that many organizations either don’t have appropriate processes in place – or choose to do everything manually.
This leads to inconsistent experiences for your customers and the potential for important information or potential additional revenue to fall through the cracks.
With 80% of customers now saying that the experience a company provides is as important as the product, it’s never been more important to focus on improving mission-critical elements of your customer journey – like internal handoffs.
Getting your internal handoff processes right will give you a number of key benefits, including:
✅ Increased product adoption rates
✅ Higher customer retention
✅ A repeatable and scalable process
✅ Better flow of information between teams
✅ Happier customers AND team members
However, failure to improve your internal handoffs – and literally dropping the baton – could lead to a number of issues, including:
❌ Low product adoption rates
❌ Increased churn rates
❌ No scalable process, leading to poor resource usage
❌ Information and data silos – forcing customers to repeat themselves
❌ Burnout of your CS team & unhappy customers
One of the best ways for you to move away from manual or unreliable handoff processes is to consider how a customer success platform (CSP) – such as Custify – can help transform your entire customer journey.
Introducing our latest eGuide
We appreciate that this is a big topic, so we’ve prepared a series of mini-guide eBooks to help you understand the challenges you’ll face and how CSP technology can help.
Our guide to transforming handoffs is the first eBook in a series that also includes:
- Transforming internal handoffs to make them smooth every time
- Streamlining QBRs and creating reviews that add value to your customers
- Improving customer communications to boost satisfaction and retention
- Creating high-quality personalized experiences your customers will love
- Leveraging data to take your customer journey to the next level
- Using smart automation to make your CSMs more efficient
We also have a full-length eBook that covers all 6 topics across the customer journey in-depth.
As always, our eBooks are 100% free and designed to give you everything you need to improve CX across the customer journey and make your team more efficient – all by leveraging CSP technology.
Who is this eGuide for?
- If you’re a CS leader looking to transform the CX behind your internal handoff processes, then this book is definitely for you.
- If you’re a CSM who wants to start thinking more strategically about how to improve the handoffs you’re involved with, this book is absolutely for you.
- If you’re a C-suite executive or business leader looking to explore ways to fix revenue retention issues in your organization, this book is 100% for you.
In fact, even if you’re simply an ‘enthusiast’ for all things customer success, then you’ll get a lot out of reading our mini-guide to improving internal handoffs, too.
What can you expect from this mini-guide to internal handoffs?
This mini-guide has been written so that by the end of it, you’ll know exactly how to leverage CSP technology to make your internal handoffs smoother and more efficient than ever before.
As you turn the pages, you’ll discover 4 key issues we’ve identified with the current status quo when it comes to internal handoffs and outlined the solutions that a customer success platform can provide you with.
These common internal handoff issues include:
- How a lack of process standardization kills the experience for your customers and causes you to drop the ‘baton’ before the race has even started.
- How communication gaps cause your customers no end of frustration and sully your relationship from the outset.
- How a less-than-measured approach to internal handoffs can lead to huge amounts of wasted time both for your team and your customers.
- How failing to track the progress of all your internal handoffs leads to a lack of transparency and accountability and no opportunity for improvement.
The mini-guide then goes on to outline key approaches you can take to solve these issues simply by using a CSP as the central point of control across your customer journey.
As if that wasn’t enough, once you implement some of our suggestions, your CSMs will be able to claim back hours of time from ‘busy work’ each week, so they can focus their time on ‘moving the needle’ for their customers instead.
Get Expert Perspectives
We’ve written this mini-guide as part of a series specifically designed for Customer Success professionals. So, with this in mind, we’ve included expert insights from fellow CS pros and influencers, including:
- Jeff Breunsbach – Co-founder of Gain Grow Retain + Director at Higher Logic
- Elisabeth Courland – Top 100 CS Strategist + CS Ops at Agorapulse
- James Stuart – Senior Customer Success Manager at Hackajob
- Iram Cook-Monie – Head of Customer Success at Mosaic Smart Data
- Rob Stevens – Senior Director, Customer Success at iBASEt
- Ankit Aggarwal – Top 100 CS Strategist + CS Lead at MoEngage
- Philipp Wolf, Founder & CEO at Custify
We truly believe that between the expert insights and the detailed information shared in this ‘Internal Handoffs’ mini-guide, you’ll have everything you need to both understand the topic and transform your handoff processes.
Why you should download our eGuide
These days, CSMs aren’t just ‘churn busters’ – they’re responsible for everything from product adoption to customer retention and even revenue expansion.
However, there are only so many hours in a day, and the risk is that without proper systems and processes in place, CSMs won’t be able to meet all their objectives.
This will result in burned-out and underperforming CSMs, higher than-forecast levels of churn, and significant reductions in growth through expansion revenue.
It doesn’t have to be this way, though.
Our mini-guide to transforming internal handoffs – the first in a 6-part series that covers the entire customer journey – gives you everything you need to radically improve the situation both for your CSMs and your customers.
The eGuide goes step by step into how you can use a CSP like Custify – one of Europe’s leading customer success platforms – to overhaul internal handoffs, improve customer satisfaction, and reduce customer churn.
So, what are you waiting for? Download your copy of “How to Transform the Handoff Between Internal Teams” now.